Friday, September 08, 2006

All-Star Madness


For those who are unaware, we held our first All-Star game in the Dogtown division on Wednesday, September 6th. And, if I may say so myself, it was a rousing success. I am very happy that my vision for the game was glorified by the participants. Everyone seemed to truly have a great time representing their teams.

Originally, I wanted this game to be a means to bring together players from each team in the division as a way to connect us all. It made me very proud to see all sorts of different colored jerseys enjoying themselves and cheering each other on. The comraderie was even greater than what I hoped for, and I thank each and every one of you for making it a reality. I am sure that, come next season, we will all go back to being opponents. But, I know I will always remember everything about this game. Except for the score.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a second... What was wrong with the score? Oh whoops, forgot. You were on the wrong team.

Hey, you did have a great attempt at kicking me out on our suicide squeeze play. It never occured to me that you had a chance until I saw you unload on the ball at which point I thought, shit, I might be out. Smart thinking on your part. No wonder you're an allstar.

The new page looks good.

Dustin said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Rick. We'll see how the play looks on video. Thanks again for bringing the camera. Zubin's footage looks great.